What the “Graphic Design” bring to your mind? Sensational advertisement? Magical graphics on the websites? well-organized magazines? In fact, all of these are parts of illustration (graphic design). But the term” graphic design” includes; logos, signs, posters, product labels, infographics, software interfaces, website layout, mobile apps, and a number of other staff.
Therefore, you might ask now what is it and why is this field of art important?
First and foremost, What is graphic design?
In agreement with the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), illustration is defined as “the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with the visual and textual content”. In other words, it is the art of expressing ideas, perspectives, or messages in a visual way. As a result, it connects the incorporations and producers to the consumers. Therefore, companies use graphic design to encourage and sell products. It helps convey the message of the products, projects, and events. For instance, these visuals can be as complex as page layout on a website, or as simple as a business logo.
In all posters and magazines lies a set of ideas that the designers hope to express. Meanwhile, Designers use pictures and typography to meet user’s specific needs and displaying interactive elements to improve the user experience.
The graphic design contains elements that are important to be aware of. In other words, a successful blending of these elements can create an appealing illustration.
Here are those illustration elements:
There are some principles that creator should look for. These guidelines can help us achieve effective composition:
As we mentioned earlier, there is no single graphic design meaning. As a result, it consists of many fields, ranging from web design and print to motion graphics and animation.
Thanks to the advancement of technology, we’re now able to work with a wide variety of types of artwork.
Here are some of these types:
- Visual Identity graphic design involves creating assets; for instance, Typograph, logos, image libraries, and color palettes that represent a brand’s personality.
- Website Design involves creating and designing interfaces to make these easy to use and also to provide a user-friendly experience.
- Publication illustration involves designing books, magazines, catalogs, newspapers and so many more things.
- Packaging decoration is focused on creating concepts, develop mockups, and create print-ready files for a product.
- Motion graphic design or animation brings the visual element to life. As a result, these designs can be used in video games, applications, animated texts, banners, and subtitles, etc.